PLS in the News
User Group Meetings & Trade Shows
Subscribe to the PLS News RSS Feed.
You may subscribe to our new class notification mailing list if you would like to be notified when classes are scheduled.
Other authorized classes organized by PLS agents and consultants:
- Aerial LiDAR enters Indian Electricity Sector by Paul Richardson, Network Mapping in Electric Energy T&D Magazine July, 2013
- Otto Lynch is quoted in the Washington Post after the blackout in India
- Otto Lynch discussing the State of America's Grid after the San Diego blackout on the September 9th, 2011 NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
- NERC Facility Ratings Methodology Alert mentions PLS-CADD as a tool for utilities to "more easily assess their lines"
- "Airborne Surveying Aids in Vegetation Management", by Thomas Wells, British Columbia Transmission Corp., Transmission & Distribution World, November 2005
- "Aerial Surveys Calculate Vegetation Growth", by Bryan Hooper and Tom Bailey, British Columbia Hydro, Transmission & Distribution World, October 2004
- "Use of Probabilistic Temperatures in the Calculation of Transmission Line Ratings using PLS-CADD"
by Milind Khot, Transpower New Zealand, Presentated at EEA Annual Conference & Trade Exhibition, June 17-19 2004, Christchurch, NZ
- Press Release: Composite Technology Announces Ten Sizes of its ACCC Cable Now Available in PLS-CADD Software
- "California Bulks Up to Provide More Transmission Capacity",
by Tom Boyko, Transmission & Distribution World, Jun 1, 2004
- "DVP Refurbishes Guyed Transmission Towers",
Transmission & Distribution World, Feb 1, 2004
- Press Release: Composite Technology's ACCC Cable to be Featured in Power Line Systems' CADD Design Tools
Management Takes to the Air", by Bryan Hooper, British Columbia Hydro, Transmission & Distribution World, September 2003
"KCP&L Reconductors Energized 345-kV Line", by John E. White, Quanta
Services, and Paul S. Beaulieu and Rick Albertson, Kansas City Power & Light,
Transmission & Distribution World, September 2003
to September issue with graphics
- See how Transpower New Zealand Ltd. saved 34% of total project cost using
PLS-CADD's FE options by reading "Design
Tool Reduces Line-Uprating Costs" by Trevor E. Jacobs and Robert Lake in
the April 2003 edition of Transmission & Distribution World.
"Technology Enhances Joint-Use Planning Process" by Matt Brungardt,
Brungardt Honomichl & Co., P.A.,Transmission & Distribution World, March 2003
"Finding 'Hidden Capacity' In Transmission Lines" by Blake Forbes, Public
Service Company of New Mexico, and Dale Bradshaw and Fisher Campbell, Tennes,
Transmission & Distribution World, September 2002
- "Line Design Goes Airborne" by John E. Lionberger and Leslie Duke of Burns &
McDonnell Engineering, Transmission & Distribution World, September 2001
"3-D modeling boosts transmission capacity" by John E. Lionberger and
Leslie Duke of Burns & McDonnell Engineering, Electric Light & Power, July 2001
Current newsletter or read previous newsletters
Subscribe or unsubscribe to the newsletter