PLS in the News
User Group Meetings & Trade Shows
Subscribe to the PLS News RSS Feed.
- Shakespeare Composite Structures' Tuff-Pole® component library is now available for download.
- ROHN Products' pre-engineered steel pole component library is now available for download
- The preliminary agenda for the 2013 PLS-CADD Advanced Training and User Group Meeting July 16-18, 2013 has been posted. You may register online.
- DIS-TRAN Wood Products' Brace component library is now available for download
- ArcelorMittal's Angle and Steel Material Properties component libraries for TOWER are now available for download
- McFarland Cascade Laminated Wood Pole component library is now available for download
- Version 12.30 released with support for Windows 8!
- Creative Pultrusions Fiber Reinforced Polymer pole component library is available for download.
- Updated Thomas & Betts Steel Pole and Tubular Davit Arm component libraries are now available for download.
- Webinar Using ikeGPS Solutions and PLS-POLE for Pole Audits, Joint Use, and Storm Hardening
Join us Wednesday, August 8 at 2 PM EDT for an exclusive webinar. Please join Richard Taylor, VP Sales ikeGPS America's and Otto Lynch VP Power Line Systems as they discuss
how ikeGPS solutions can be easily used by your field crews to quickly gather your pole data and demonstrate how the return on investment makes these solutions a critical
part of your field operation programs.
- New and revised PLS-CADD cable models from CTC Global are now available for download.
- An updated Hubbell Power Systems / Ohio Brass Quadri-Sil® insulator library is now available for download.
- An updated PUPI Fiberglass Crossarm library is now available for download.
- Review many other recent program improvements
Click here if you would like to be notified when new classes become available.
Other authorized classes organized by PLS agents and consultants:
- Increasing utilisation and improved reliability, through LiDAR and PLS-CADD, June 17-20, 2013 in Knaresborough, UK by Network Mapping
- PLS-CADD & PLS-POLE Training Course, July 16-18, 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa by Trans-Africa Projects
- PLS-CADD & PLS-POLE Training Course, Nov. 5-7, 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa by Trans-Africa Projects
- Design and Optimization of Overhead Transmission Lines using PLS-CADD and TOWER, Nov. 24-29, 2013 in Sharjah, UAE by E. Ghannoum)
- Otto Lynch is quoted in the Washington Post after the blackout in India
- Otto Lynch discussing the State of America's Grid after the San Diego blackout on the September 9th, 2011 NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
- NERC Facility Ratings Methodology Alert mentions PLS-CADD as a tool for utilities to "more easily assess their lines"
- "Airborne Surveying Aids in Vegetation Management", by Thomas Wells, British Columbia Transmission Corp., Transmission & Distribution World, November 2005
- "Aerial Surveys Calculate Vegetation Growth", by Bryan Hooper and Tom Bailey, British Columbia Hydro, Transmission & Distribution World, October 2004
- "Use of Probabilistic Temperatures in the Calculation of Transmission Line Ratings using PLS-CADD"
by Milind Khot, Transpower New Zealand, Presentated at EEA Annual Conference & Trade Exhibition, June 17-19 2004, Christchurch, NZ
- Press Release: Composite Technology Announces Ten Sizes of its ACCC Cable Now Available in PLS-CADD Software
- "California Bulks Up to Provide More Transmission Capacity",
by Tom Boyko, Transmission & Distribution World, Jun 1, 2004.
- "DVP Refurbishes Guyed Transmission Towers",
Transmission & Distribution World, Feb 1, 2004
- Press Release: Composite Technology's ACCC Cable to be Featured in Power Line Systems' CADD Design Tools
Management Takes to the Air", by Bryan Hooper, British Columbia Hydro, Transmission & Distribution World, September 2003
"KCP&L Reconductors Energized 345-kV Line", by John E. White, Quanta
Services, and Paul S. Beaulieu and Rick Albertson, Kansas City Power & Light,
Transmission & Distribution World, September 2003
to September issue with graphics
- See how Transpower New Zealand Ltd. saved 34% of total project cost using
PLS-CADD's FE options by reading "Design
Tool Reduces Line-Uprating Costs" by Trevor E. Jacobs and Robert Lake in
the April 2003 edition of Transmission & Distribution World.
"Technology Enhances Joint-Use Planning Process" by Matt Brungardt,
Brungardt Honomichl & Co., P.A.,Transmission & Distribution World, March 2003
"Finding 'Hidden Capacity' In Transmission Lines" by Blake Forbes, Public
Service Company of New Mexico, and Dale Bradshaw and Fisher Campbell, Tennes,
Transmission & Distribution World, September 2002
- "Line Design Goes Airborne" by John E. Lionberger and Leslie Duke of Burns &
McDonnell Engineering, Transmission & Distribution World, September 2001
"3-D modeling boosts transmission capacity" by John E. Lionberger and
Leslie Duke of Burns & McDonnell Engineering, Electric Light & Power, July 2001
Current newsletter or read previous newsletters
Subscribe or unsubscribe to the newsletter
- Video: Introduction to the QuickSearch Toolbar
- Video showing flyby of PLS-CADD model exported to Google Earth
- Video demonstrating the TerraServer (now MSR-Maps) Image Download command
- Video showing how to Digitize Plan and Profile Drawings
- Video showing check of clearances between wires for an entire line at once.
- Video showing check of clearances in a roll from a horizontal substation structure to a vertical transmission structure.
- Video showing check of structure and guy clearances to wires.
- Video showing how to use USGS data with PLS-CADD. Also helpful for those using data obtained via LIDAR or photogrammetry.
- Video showing PLS-CADD/PLS-POLE import of information from field populated database.
- Video of joint use example in PLS-CADD/Lite and PLS-POLE (demonstrates new wizard interface).
- Video of PLS-CADD customize structure command for moving structure attachments and guy anchors (in French).
- Video showing import of pictures and staking list from a spreadsheet.
User Contributed Videos
- Norway A beautiful flight across fjords made by Norconsult starting with PLS-CADD's KML export
We frequently update our products and the information on this web site. If you
would like to be notified of these changes by email please subscribe to our newsletter.
© 2013 Power Line Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.