||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 160
Madison, WI 53705, U.S.A.
Phone: (608) 238-2171, Fax: (608) 238-9241
Analysis and Design of Structures with Wood, Steel and Concrete Poles or Modular Aluminum Masts
PLS-POLE improvements on our earlier structure programs
PLS-POLE incorporates all of the functionality of SPOLE, SFRAME, WPOLE, WFRAME, CPOLE, CFRAME and GMAST into a single program.
PLS-POLE can open structure models from these older structure programs so your investment in existing structure models is preserved.
PLS-POLE can be configured with your choice of Wood, Steel, Concrete and Modular Mast capabilities (each option sold separately).
Advantages of the initial release of PLS-POLE (many improvements have been made since) over our earlier programs include:
- More flexible modeling (allows for structures that couldn't be modeled in earlier programs)
- Chaining of elements (2 part insulator on end of swing bracket...)
- Addition of cable element for modeling of tie guys and sidewalk guys
- Ability to model push-braces and stub poles.
- Option to model eccentricities of elements attached to the face of a pole
- Improved modeling of swing brackets, 2-part and braced post insulators
- Can mix steel, wood and concrete components in the same structure (up to 64 poles)
- User specified strength factors for each type of element
- Application of equipment loads from a library of available loads
- Capability to check basic foundation capacities
- Improved interface
- Undo for all editing operations
- Option to draw structure as line drawing, wire frame or fully rendered representation
- Supports DXF and bitmap attachments (photos of actual structures, CAD drawings, company logos, drawing borders)
- Text in graphics views automatically positioned to avoid collisions with other text
- Click to edit (simply click on the member you want to edit in the graphics)
- Results available in both text and spreadsheet form
- Customizable reports
- Improved warning and error reporting
- Implements TIA/EIA 222-F for tubular steel pole communications structures
- Automated material list generation
- Interaction diagrams (graphs of allowable weight span vs. allowable wind span)
- Implements automatic relative path mapping so models and their databases can be moved easily
- Faster analysis (30%-600% faster) that can be canceled
- Multiprocessor nonlinear analysis (N processors results in an N times speed up)
© 2000 Power Line Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.