||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 160
Madison, WI 53705, U.S.A.
Phone: (608) 238-2171, Fax: (608) 238-9241
Power Line Systems May 2004 Newsletter
In this issue:
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Trade Shows
- Web Site Additions and Revisions
- Current Versions
At the Pittsburgh User's Group Meeting in April we demonstrated version 7 of PLS-CADD. This meeting
was well attended with more than 60 people sharing experiences, questions and ideas. Presentations
ranged from using PLS-CADD for danger tree detection to a fascinating look at the 765kV Jacksons
Ferry - Wyoming AEP project. Attendees had uniformly positive experiences at the user's group with many
making plans to attend the next one.
The new feature tutorial at the meeting included an introduction to version 7 of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE
and TOWER. While we are still working hard to complete testing of this release, we can share some of the major
improvements with you now:
While PLS-CADD version 7 will not ship until later this summer, we will be showing all these features and more in our booth (#924) at the T&D World Expo on May 25-27th. Please stop by for a demonstration!
- A sections editing table that allows you to perform Section/Modify operations on a range of sections at once
- An EMF calculator that will graph the electric and magnetic fields around your line
- The capability to automatically export project information to XML
- New loading methods in PLS-POLE and TOWER that automate NESC 2002, ASCE 74-1991, EN50341 (generic, UK and REE) and IEC60826
- AS3995 strength check in TOWER
- An automatic pole shaft selector in PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE that will pick the best shaft for every pole in your line and even compare different materials with just a mouse click
Training Sessions and Trade Shows
- Please visit us in our booth (#924) at the T&D World Expo on May 25-27th at the Indiana convention center in Indianapolis
- Design and Optimization of Overhead Transmission Lines using PLS-CADD and TOWER software, May 22-26, 2004 in Dubai/Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- PLS-CADD Hands-On Training July 20-23, 2004 in Springfield, Missouri
- We will be at the Dulhunty Power booth at the EESA conference and show in Sydney, Australia, August 11-13
- PLS-CADD Hands-On Training August 16-19, 2004 in Sunshine Coast, Australia (send email to register)
- PLS-CADD User's Group Meeting August 20-21, Sunshine Coast, Australia (send email to register)
- We will have a booth at the CIGRE Exposition in Paris, France starting August 29, 2004
- Design of Transmission Line Structures and Foundations October 18-22, 2004 in Madison, Wisconsin
- Computerized Transmission Line Design - PLS-CADD and TOWER Hands-On Training November 1-5, 2004 in Madison, Wisconsin
Web Site Revisions and Additions
- Updated French language PLS-POLE manual may be downloaded using the Help/Check For Updated Manual command.
- Updated Spanish language interface for PLS-CADD may be downloaded using the Help/Download Alternate Language command.
- Southwire ACSS TW and ACSS TW-HS PLS-CADD cable files are now available for download.
- Composite Technology's ACCC cable files are now available for download.
The current shipping versions of our software are listed below.
- PLS-CADD - 6.50
- PLS-POLE - 6.51
- TOWER - 6.50
- SAGSEC - 6.30
- SAPS - 6.50
- SFOOTING - 1.30
- CAISSON - 4.91
We strongly encourage you to upgrade to the current release of all the applications you own.
To do so please send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Help/Download Upgrade command.
This would also be a good time to use the Help/Check for Updated Manual command to make sure you have the latest edition of the manuals.
As always, we welcome your suggestions and comments on our software.
Staff of Power Line Systems, Inc.
© 2004 Power Line Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to subscribe to the newsletter (so future issues will be emailed to you).
Click here to unsubscribe from the newsletter mailing list.