Thanks to all attendees, presenters and sponsors!
The 2011 User Group Meeting was the largest yet. We would like to thank our sponsors and presenters for making
this event possible: Thomas & Betts for the Tuesday Night Reception, and Utility Risk Management Corporation for the Wednesday night Lakeside Reception.
Finally, we want to thank the more than 200 attendees for taking the time to attend.
For the benefit of those who could not be there as well as those in attendance that wish to share information
with their associates that were not able to attend, handouts from selected presentations are available below:
- Marker Ball Spreadsheet, Chris Norman, Southern California Edison
- Output Reformatted Sag-Tension Stringing Charts, Chris Norman, Southern California Edison
- Output Report on Points over certain height, Chris Norman, Southern California Edison
- Transmission Line Project in Cuyutlan Lake, CLAUDIO AIBAR SÁNCHEZ, MIGUEL NAVARRO VALLE, GONZALO MENDOZA GALVAN, CFE
- Eskom Projects, Graeme Louw, Trans-Africa Projects
- Drawing Creation Directly From PLS-CADD, Jesse Kohler, Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc.
- Designing a 332' Crossing Tower, George Watson, CenterPoint Energy
- Leg and Body Extensions / XML, James Buckner (Kenny Construction Company), Pat Hanna (Power Engineers)
- Load Tree Automation with .xml, VBA & Excel, Jesse Kohler, Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc.
- Multiple Alignments & Phased Construction, Jesse Kohler, Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc.
- Temperature calculations and LIDAR positions, Paul Richardson, Network Mapping
All of the features shown at the meeting (as well as some of the features requested at the meeting)
are now available in version 11 of PLS-CADD. You may upgrade to 11 using the Help/Download Upgrade
command in PLS-CADD.
We hope to see all of you next time!
Staff of Power Line Systems, Inc.
Mark your calendars now and plan to attend the 2011 PLS-CADD Advanced Training and User Group Meeting in Madison!
- Who All users of PLS software
- What A combined Advanced Training and User Group Meeting
- When July 19, 20 and 21, 2011 8:30am-4:30pm
- Where The Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison, Wisconsin
- Why To learn what is new and make sure you maximize your investment in PLS software
- How Register and reserve a room online Registration is free and is required
The agenda is now available. Some of the topics that will be covered at the meeting include:
- The Perennial “What’s New in PLS-CADD” and how does it make my job easier
- Working with LiDAR in PLS-CADD: Review of the new NERC FAC-008 inspired features
- Review of the new Project Estimator for full project cost estimating
- See the new Materials Management capabilities and how they may be replacing your existing methods of managing materials, labor, and equipment!
- PLS-CADD for Distribution Design? The latest requirements in some states is to now consider sag and tension and perform proper pole analysis at the distribution level; PLS-CADD is the already tried and proven solution!
- Clearances: The many additional ways of checking clearances will be explained
- Checking Connections and Anchors in PLS-POLE and TOWER, its in the CAN!
- Redundant member design in TOWER
Bookmark this webpage and check back frequently for more information as it becomes available.
If you have a PLS-CADD project or technique that you feel other PLS-CADD users would benefit from
then please consider making a presentation.
If you have particular topics that you would like to see covered or are interested in making a presentation
then please contact Otto Lynch.
Where to stay Hilton Madison Monona Terrace We have negotiated a discounted group rate with the conference hotel. In order to take advantage of this rate, you must reserve a room by June 25th.
Group name: Power Line Systems, Inc.
Hotel Phone: 866-403-8838.
There is no charge for attending the User Group; however, you must
if you plan on attending. This web page provides more information about
traveling to Madison, Wisconsin.
We hope to see you in beautiful Madison this July!
© 2013 Power Line Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.